Education Division – TUI Travel PLC
- Pogo Digital worked on the Travelbound account along with many other brands
that were owned by TUI Travel PLC
- Travelbound have 28 years of experience providing educational travel services. They were looking to improve their PPC performance in the very competitive travel market
- Pogo Digital were employed to improve the number of conversions and reduce the cost of attaining these sales
- They implemented over 1,750 keywords across 279 ad groups with 630 adverts, making frequent refinements over time
- Within four months they had increased the number of conversions by 700% and reduced the cost per conversion by 69%
Travelbound have 28 years of experience providing educational travel services to teachers and group leaders for their students. Their tours are designed to support the national curriculum and encourage student’s participation.
The school travel market is saturated and price sensitive which is why Travelbound rely on their good customer service, financial security, accreditations and their backing by TUI to highlight what makes them unique.
It is extremely difficult to reach the right teacher or tour decision maker via traditional methods which is why a PPC strategy was pursued. Pogo Digital were tasked with recreating Travelbound’s existing PPC campaign from scratch and refocusing it on
profitable terms and wider targeting options.
- Improve account performance for three sub-brands: School Tours, Music Tours
and Student Tours
- Drive more traffic to the website and convert more leads at a conversion rate higher than Travelbound’s existing average conversion rate
- Highlight the exclusive deals and destinations (and/or packages) that Travelbound can offer
- Reduce the Cost per Conversion
Pogo Digital researched the 90 core product types to identify over 1,793 of the most high-potential keywords to be used in 279 highly targeted ad groups. Many of the remaining keywords found were used to create 4,197 negative keywords to stop the adverts showing for unwanted terms.
Over 630 adverts were made and split across the ad groups to allow for split testing of adverts. The text of these adverts was designed to reflect the exclusive deals and properties that Travelbound could offer, in line with the core objectives. They also used Call Extensions and Sitelink Extensions to help the adverts stand out.
The account was monitored both against itself (to identify poorly performing keywords and ad groups, as well as to invest more within the strongest campaigns) and against competitors (via auction insights).
- Tripled average Click through Rate thanks to
more highly targeted advert text
- Increased the number of Conversions by
700% within four months
- Doubled the average conversion rate across
the three sub-brands by attracting strong
leads from the detailed keyword targeting
- Reduced the Cost per Conversion by 28%
within two months and by 69% in four