Is inbound marketing beneficial?
The world around us keeps changing. Customers are more conscious of their needs and are looking for offers in different way than they used to few years ago. That’s why all marketing actions should be matched to their expectations. Aggressive advertising is not the right way anymore. At the moment the best approach is to build a stable relationship with customers and potential recipients of your content. One of the newest marketing trends is inbound marketing. What is and what benefits come from it? Here are the most important information about inbound marketing.
What is inbound marketing?
Inbound marketing strategy is to make the customer find what he or she is looking for. It uses the tools which will allow customers reach the information we want to give them. Inbound marketing is an opposite to aggressive marketing methods like billboards, pop-ups etc. The most important objective of this strategy is to build brand awareness and engaging potential customers.
Inbound marketing is also called permitted marketing and the rules of which were introduced by Seth Godlin. A good example of mentioned actions is email marketing; a customer needs to agree to receive information from the company. It increases the chances that advertisement will reach customers who will be interested in the offer.
What tools and techniques are used in inbound marketing?
As mentioned above inbound marketing concentrates on tools and methods which require users’ approval or the types that appear when a potential customer is looking for them. The most popular methods and tools used by marketing specialists are:
- Search engine optimisation of the website
- Social media
- Content marketing
- Running a blog.
What are the benefits of using inbound marketing?
Marketing specialist emphasise that inbound marketing brings a lot of benefits, here are some examples of the most important ones:
- Reaching potential customers and targeted groups of users which are more likely to be interested in our offer – it increases the chances of making a sale once the advert reaches the client – it is more effective , for example a well done SEO will make a website visible after entering specific keywords by interested user
- Engaging users connected with the brand or its’ products – social media platforms are the best for this type of marketing
- Building brand awareness among potential customers – it is very important as it increases the chances of making a sale, content marketing is very helpful when it comes to building brand awareness
- Being faithful to the products and services offered – customers value discreet advertising, which are tailored to their needs.
It is crucial to remember that only long term and systematic actions will result in success and increasing the sales of your business. We mention it because a lot of people ask if they can get good results in short time – get on top 10 Google search in one month. SEO is a process which requires time, aggressive approach and actions may only harm your website. Content marketing is something that needs to be done systematically, as one article no matter how good it will be will not gain trust.
Why is it good to merge SEO, content marketing, blog, social media and other actions? Simply because it will allow to reach much more clients. You need to remember that when selecting methods which will implement SEO work you need to analyse your website, competitors and industry.